Get a taste of the ‘real’ work world with our
No matter where you live, work experience is incredibly important on your resume. It is even more valuable when you gained it abroad. Not only because it shows your initiative and it’s a great possibility to gain new skills, but also because it means you are not afraid to take on challenges like adapting to a new professional environment as well as a new culture. In a globalized world, international work experience is crucial.
Besides, you get a once in a lifetime opportunity to get to know yourself in a very different way, to travel abroad, to grow and challenge yourself and to learn so many things, no book could ever teach you.
With INTERNeX you will get the chance to work in an organization, where the placement is tailor-made for your needs and expectations. Depending on your skills, requests from university and/or personal goals, we will get to know you first and introduce you then to one of the many possible organizations in your preferred field. Once you arrived, we will give you an orientation about the basic “must knows” of the country as well as provide you tips and tricks for your perfect start. We also offer a Homestay Program, where you get to live with a Canadian family.
From the beginning to the end of your stay, we are here to support you. Besides that, you will also become part of our international INTERNeX family!
- Chat via Skype, to talk about your goals, expectations and questions
- Resume review and upgrade if needed
- Tailor-made placement in an organization
- Orientation after arrival in Vancouver
- Support throughout the program
- 24 hour emergency number
- Feedback and performance review
- Pub Nights, weekend-events and trips with other participants
- Must have at least upper intermediate (6/10) English level
- Must be available for a telephone/Skype interview
- Must have travel insurance
- Must be flexible, professional, communicative, able to take initiative
- Must be 18 years or older