If you like the country life, tractors, horses, cattle and fresh air, and want to experience the great wide open, then Ranchstay is for you! Experience the vast openness of Marlboro country and be part of a local farming family. Ranchstay is for the cowboy/cowgirl at heart looking to spend some time on a ranch or farm away from all the bright lights and big cities. Ranchstay is for people looking to learn something about the community where they are placed and farming in general.
Ranchstay gives you the chance to get involved with an authentic farming family and their way of life, i.e. riding horses, driving the tractor etc. (depending on what is available). The program is not only about farming; it is a cultural exchange program where you get a real insight into local culture, mentality etc. The family takes you along when they visit neighbours, when they do their grocery shopping or when they go to events like rodeos, community festivals. It is not an easy life and everyone is expected to pitch in with all normal chores.
- Stay with a farming family in rural areas of the country to experience “authentic” farming life
- You will be matched to a suitable farm based on your goals and experience.
- Opportunities include accommodation and meals during your entire stay.
- This is a true “cultural exchange” which gives you the chance to gain insight into rural culture.
- You need to have a love of the outdoors, a rugged lifestyle and of course, animals!