INTERNeX international exchange's Practicum Program gives you the chance to get real-world, hands-on specialized experience in almost any industry. The quality and level of your placement will depend on your experience, education, area of placement, time of year and duration of your placement.
All placements are unpaid in order to ensure we have the chance to organize the best possible opportunity for you. Practicums (or internships) that are required for your post secondary education (i.e. university, college, apprenticeship or vocational/business school) can be in nearly any industry sector, placements that are voluntary (i.e. not a part of a structured academic program) may only be with Non-Profit, Non-Governmental or Charitable Organizations. Practicums are usually a combination of project-related and day-to-day activities in order for you to gain a fundamental overview of the organization and industry. We have run this program for 15 years and have assisted more than 10,000 international students in finding fulfilling experiences.
- Specialized practicum opportunities based on your goals and university requirements.
- Placements either for university or post secondary credit or with non-profit, non-governmental or charitable organizations
- Tailored around your background and the landscape of local industry in your area.
- Always unpaid to ensure we have flexibility of opportunities and control over the content.
- Opportunities are meaningful and industry relevant and are not focussed on basic tasks.
- The level and content of the opportunity is based on your experience, duration, and education.
- Opportunities are available in nearly every industry sector and tasks/projects are flexible.